NULL Skriv ut sidan - Äldre inlägg (arkiv) till 2007-02-04

Anbytarforum

Titel: Äldre inlägg (arkiv) till 2007-02-04
Skrivet av: Thomas Vikander skrivet 2007-02-04, 05:02
Your input goes double for me, Ingrid Wikberg.

The utter vaporization and complete cleansing of mOrdet ar fritt (as I now call it), is shocking.
I never found anything there unduly disturbing, out of place or irrelevant.
Furthermore, the amount of space it occupied was quite reasonable in proportion to the rest of Nytt senaste dygn.  
Let's face facts: we're not even hitting the 200 daily entries mark lately, and a freewheeling discussion area at AF is most welcome for those of us who like to round out our days by having some contact with others sharing common concerns.

At Google.ca I type in anbytarforum and up comes:  
Anbytarforum
A place for discussions and debates among genealogists. From the Federation of Swedish Genealogical Societies.  

...and if I click on that, I get:
Welcome to Anbytarforum - The Genealogist's Discussion-board, brought to you by Rötter - the e-zine of the Federation of Swedish Genealogical Societies. This is the place for discussions and debates among genealogists. ...

Sure seems as if debating at AF is acceptable. At least in English for me in Canada.  
However, one gets a different picture when the same search is done at Google.se . Check it out.

No doubt the AF censor will cleanse Google.ca 's
search results in short order!

It could well be that the administrators here are of the quiet librarian type who are by nature non confrontational, which may explain why they have no zest for debating or others' discussions of 'uncomfortable' topics.
I am forever amazed by people who are voted into leadership positions or who propel themselves into power, who then fail to recognise their own limitations and begin to disrupt the very constituents and institutions that had engineered their leadership status.

It appears they have lost the confidence of many of us.
Stepping down -- standing aside, is an option they might consider.

Surely there is someone with some moxie (Algonquian language) suitable for a fresh and dynamic editorship at AF !