NULL Skriv ut sidan - Elin Hultgren Erickson and Conrad Erickson Chicago 1936

Anbytarforum

Titel: Elin Hultgren Erickson and Conrad Erickson Chicago 1936
Skrivet av: Kurt Hultgren skrivet 2003-02-02, 21:53
Hello, Pia!
Thanks for some interesting clues! The first person born in 1892 seems a bit too young for being married to Elin born 1859. But the second one, dead in 1944, seems more likely to be the person sought. He could well be born in the 1870's and married in the early 1900. Since the person I am looking for lived in Chicago in 1944 according to the telephone book, he can have been visiting children in Rock Island Moline when he died. Or he can even have moved to that place during 1944, although the telephone book of 1945 contains his name. Telephone books even in those days could probably contain some information that was already obsolete, since they were printed a long time before their official date. - Is it possible to find out more about this Conrad Erickson of Rock Island, Moline? How can one go further? Are there local newspapers where an obituary could be read? Are there any other registers that could give more details? Which was his address in Rock Island Moline?  

His wife could possibly still be alive in 1944. She would then only have been 85 years, which is quite normal. Can she be found in the same. register? Is Moline the county name? She was probably too old to be included in the social register, but if her husband was younger than she was, he might be included.  

I am shooting a lot of questions, but I have been looking for those persons for a long time, since 1988. I had some help from a professional genealogical researcher without success.In 1996, when passing Chicago on a business trip, I even paid a visit in 1996 in the Newberry Library in Chicago to find some information. Neither of the two persons died in Cook county, so that is for sure. In Newberry Library I found out this with the telephone book entries.  

Elin and Conrad must have moved somewhere else. This could be it. The spelling of Erickson without a k seems more Swedish, since ck never is used in Swedish Eriksson names. So Ericson is quite good. I have seen his name spelt Erickson in Chicago though.  

I hope you can give some answers to some of my questions. Anyway, you have pointed out a possible solution.

Best regards
Kurt Hultgren