NULL Skriv ut sidan - Äldre inlägg (arkiv) till 29 april, 2005

Anbytarforum

Titel: Äldre inlägg (arkiv) till 29 april, 2005
Skrivet av: jan eliason skrivet 2005-04-28, 00:29
Chuck:  Thank you for this posting and for the offlist mail. I found in a 1910 Minn. census that at the time only 3 of 9 children survived.  So, Amalia had had great loss in that time. On the above if I have transcribed properly  Bernhard b. 6 Dec. 1914 and Bernice b 6 Dec. 19l4 .  Bernhard died 27 Nov. 1915 and Bernice died 17 Nov. 1915 of a Lahart (does that mean fever??)Vittman (possibly witness??)I noticed that in the 1900 census it is registered to Nils O. and Amalia Hage and in 1910 Nils and Sophia Hage.  

If I understand you correctly and from what I have seen on the Swenson resource, they only include the Swedish churches.  It is highly possibly that John and Augusta are attending Lutheran churches that are led in Norwegian. As Augusta was living in Two Harbors area with her mother Elise Pedersen (Norway) and brothers since 1896. If this is the case, is there a Resource list for the Lutheran (Norwegian) churches?  I hadn't realized that there might be a segregation of churches, but then the early settlers who established the churches might have been predominately Swedish or Norwegian, and would have wanted to hear services in their own language.  It is very appropriate.  However, in Canada, where it was more of a melting pot, churches were built where they were needed, and the local settlers just went. We have two rural Lutheran churches in our area (8 miles north, and 8-10 miles east), but the documents are mostly in English from what I understand from an Elder.  I appreciate the documents you sent.  I find it quite interesting to put names to family members even though they haven't survived.  It makes them more real.  
Thank you again for your help Chuck, as I go through my files I may find that I will need you to check further the Swenson resources and I appreciate your offer to do so...jan eliason