NULL Skriv ut sidan - Veborg, Peter f1869. Utv 1889. Juvelerare i MN 1900

Anbytarforum

Titel: Veborg, Peter f1869. Utv 1889. Juvelerare i MN 1900
Skrivet av: Linda White skrivet 2015-05-31, 05:59
Thank you Kristina. I am the cousin that Johan has been helping to get information on my mothers family. There is a wealth of information here that I did not know. It is so exciting to read all this. My daughter and I are coming to Sweden in Aug thus year and we are planning to visit as many places as we can, villages, Parrish churches ans cemeteries where our ancestors lived.  
Peter Veborg has been difficult to figure out. I'm pretty sure that Peter Wallberg and Peter Veborg are the same person. In the information that you have supplied, I see he left Sweden as Peter Wallberg and arrived in Amercia as Peter Veborg. Do you think that the name change could be a mis-interpretation of the person writing down the entry info?
Do you think he could be of Jewish ancestry? I researched the name Wallberg and I believe it is a German Jewish name.  
I have found some info about Peter in a Blog of the Black Hills in South Dakota. Several mentions of Ben Holstein (Mary Holstein Vegorg's father). This was a Jewish community. I found where they applied there for a marriage certificate so was surprised that you found a marriage record in Minnesota. It would have been highly unusual back then for a non-Jew to marry a Jew. I don't know if it means anything but Peter being a Jeweler might also be a clue to his heritage.  
Did you find if Peter had any brothers or sisters? In the blog I read there was a second Veborg applying for marriage license on the same day. If he had brother or sister that emigrated from Sweden, they did not go on the same ship. Peter came over on a steamship, even in steerage that would have been more expensive I think.  
Also, my brother told me that Peter and Mary did divorce and he did remarry a woman named Nora.  
You have done so much but if there is any more info on Peters Swedish family I would be so greatful if you could find it. Thank you!