NULL Skriv ut sidan - Johnson, John Axel b1866 in Sweden. Emigr 1883. Swedish origin ?

Anbytarforum

Titel: Johnson, John Axel b1866 in Sweden. Emigr 1883. Swedish origin ?
Skrivet av: Gary Hummel skrivet 2015-03-13, 19:41
Hello.  I am new to this website and still learning how to navigate the system.  

My main purpose is to trace my grandfather back to his origins in Sweden.  My grandfather, John Axel Johnson was born in Sweden 24 February 1866 and emigrated to the USA when he was 17 which would have been 1883.  His brothers Charley and Walfred emigrated about the same time.  They lived for several years in Pontiac, Livingston County, Illinois.  In the early 1890s my grandfather moved to Hancock County, Iowa, where he bought a farm.  He died there in 1913.  Unfortunately, the church he and his family attended in Iowa burned to the ground around 1937 and all family records were destroyed.

John Axel's father has been identified as John Peter Johnson.  His mother was Emily Erickson (Johnson?).  John Peter and Emily also had a daughter whose name I do not know.  She apparently lived the rest of her life in Sweden.  I have a photo of her and her husband taken at Norstedt's studio in Vestervik, Sweden, year unknown.

I do have photos of my grandfather, his parents and his sister, posing in front of their farmhouse.  I also have photos of my grand uncles Charley and Walfred if that would be of help in tracing the family's origins.

Would there be any database in Sweden which would allow me to find a family with that combination of names living in a specific area, for example, in the year 1870 or 1880?