NULL Skriv ut sidan - Äldre inlägg (arkiv) till 2004-01-20

Anbytarforum

Titel: Äldre inlägg (arkiv) till 2004-01-20
Skrivet av: Christian Andersson skrivet 2003-09-03, 20:02
Hej Siv.

Här är lite info från Wisconsin. Floyd undrar om ni möjligen ligger steget före honom!

Hej Christian,
Today, I had some extra time, so I drove up to Westboro.  Not close as you recall and a little past Rib Lake that we visited.
I researched at the courthouse and the Medford library.  The lady in the courthouse, Sara, had heard from you or Siv and Kjell.  She had searched for records for Johan Nilsson, but she never found anything.
However, she did give me the name of the grandson to Bengt Engstrom. His name is Byron Engstrom.  I drove over to his house in Medford, but he was not home.
I will call him this evening to see if he knows anything.
There is a First Lutheran Church in Westboro, and it may be the survivor of the Swedish Lutheran Church from there long ago.
I will call the pastor where he lives in Ogema to see if they have records way back in 1911 or so.
So, I didn't solve the problem, but I may be closer now.

Hej Christian,

After supper, I telephoned Byron Engstrom.  I talked to his wife.

His wife said that he had already received a letter from Sweden inquiring about Johan Nilsson etc.  She said that he did not know anything about that person.

She said that he was going to ask his aunt if she knew any history.

I tried to call the Lutheran pastor, but all I got was an answering machine.  I wanted to ask him if there were old church records there.

Years ago, there was also a Swedish Methodist Church in or near Westboro.  Maybe they were members there instead of the Lutheran church, but I don't know.  But it has merged with another Methodist church, and I don't know where it is now.

Siv and Kjell may be well ahead of me, so I am wondering if they made any other progress?

Well, that's about all for now.
Hälsningar,
Floyd

Jag undrar också om du har gjort några framsteg på egen hand. Kan du updatera oss och då helst på engelska så Floyd kan hänga med!

Mvh Christian

(https://forum.rotter.se/discus/messages/241/44679.jpg)

First Lutheran Church in Westboro.   Photo: Floyd Hallberg