NULL Skriv ut sidan - Johansson, Anton f1875 Gällinge. Död Chicago 1907 ?

Anbytarforum

Titel: Johansson, Anton f1875 Gällinge. Död Chicago 1907 ?
Skrivet av: Karen Van Etten skrivet 2015-08-01, 22:18
Would like to add comment - I once had a census taker come to our home, for some
in-depth questioning.  Having spelled a requested name 3 times, I finally took the form
away from the person and wrote down the name requested.  With so many nationalities and
dialects in the Chicago area, census errors did occur.  To answer the question, as to  
whether there was another Hilda Johnson born in Brooklyn March 29, 1876.  Yes, it is possible;
however, one must also consider the following.

Torbjörn's father was much closer in time to the events.  The 3 photographs, showing Anton in Chicago
and Anton Johansson's wife from Stallebacka, is good evidence for Hilda having lived at Stallebacka.
The problem is the 1900 Census, showing February birth month for Hilda.  My guess is, that this was
an error - a momentary lapse of attention to the detail.  If March was substituted for Feb., then all
would fall into place.  The alternative is, that another Hilda, born February, 1876 in New York, can
also be found living at Stallebacka, and returning to America before 1900.

Regarding Hilda's death record - how well did the person providing the information know Hilda ? Persons
not familiar with old Swedish naming systems would easily believe that Hilda's mother, Helena Börjesdotter,
was married to a man with same surname {'Americanized' to Bergquist}.  Or, amazingly, this could be
another Hilda Johnson nee Bergquist, with same birth date.  Anyhow, Torbjörn should continue searching -
just to rule out those possibilities.  Otherwise, it looks like he has good information.

Karen V.