NULL Skriv ut sidan - ÄLDRE inlägg 2001 - april 2010

Anbytarforum

Titel: ÄLDRE inlägg 2001 - april 2010
Skrivet av: Judy Olson Baouab skrivet 2008-03-30, 23:23
I see that you have a name and dates now. (I'm glad.) I had prepared this message for Discussions in English but was unable to post when the message was moved here. I noticed it had disappeared and a brief search found it in this section.

Do you have a full birthdate for this man? I suppose I could check on Genline but it is easier if you already know. There are 22 Axel Anderson hits on the Social Security Death Index and if you are lucky, he is one of them, but none lived in Alaska. If he died before about 1962, he is probably not listed, because this index was made using computers and they probably didn't go back to get the people who died before they used computers.

I realize you need to know about this man after 1941 but I'm trying to identify him in earlier records so that perhaps more clues could be found.

1930 U.S. Federal Census:

Name: Axel Anderson  
Home in 1930: Cordova, Third Judicial District, Alaska Territory  
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1889  
Birthplace: Sweden  
Relation to Head of House: Partner  
Race: White  

Household Members: Name Age  

Paul Jones 49  (emigrated from Sweden in 1898: occupation: trail foreman for forest service

Axel Anderson 41  (emigrated from Sweden in 1923; alien;  occupation: laborer for forest service

The township was Katalla Village and this 1930 census was enumerated in 1929.

I suggest searching on one of the Alaska forums I mentioned. Perhaps someone has access to local telephone books, newspapers, and so forth.

Judy