NULL Skriv ut sidan - Äldre inlägg (arkiv) till 03 december, 2009

Anbytarforum

Titel: Äldre inlägg (arkiv) till 03 december, 2009
Skrivet av: Lee Himan skrivet 2009-06-21, 00:11
Hi Chris,

Thank you for the information about Johanna Mathilda Solomonsdotter.  You provided some interesting facts!  

According to Illinois marriage records my great grandparents Aaron Hogman & Johanna Mathilda Solomonsdotter were married on September 16, 1869.  Johanna did not leave Sweden until May 10, 1869.  They either knew one another in Sweden, which is unlikely, or they had a love at first sight romance!!

I reviewed some of my older notes about Johanna Mathilda and found that maybe there was a sister Clara but no one is quite sure.  We do not know what happened to her upon arrival in the United States.

Christina Sophia married a friend of my great grandfather's who had traveled with him to the U.S. from Sweden.  The two couples established homesteads next to one another here in Iowa.  Christina Sophia died in 1894, 45 days short of turning 49 years old.  She was followed in death by Johanna who was a few months short of turning 55 years old.  I noticed that their father only lived to be 42.  

Do older parish records ever indicate the cause of death as in the case of Salomon?  My grandmother said that Johanna Mathilda died of dropsy, an old medical term, that involved fluid retention, severe swelling, and pain.  I am guessing that today it would be called congestive heart failure.

I did email the Landsarkivet at Goteborg requesting Estate Inventories for Aron Hogman and his second wife Anna.  Their response was that they would route me the materials, but in priority order.  Thank you for that address.

Sincerely,
Lee Himan

Detta inlägg flyttades den 10 juli 2009 från Socknar, Linköping.
Magnus Hjärtström, moderator