NULL Skriv ut sidan - Äldre inlägg (arkiv) till 26 maj, 2014

Anbytarforum

Titel: Äldre inlägg (arkiv) till 26 maj, 2014
Skrivet av: Anders Karlsson skrivet 2013-07-09, 14:57
Hi David,

I actually have a small problem in my research. My FF FF father and mother together with their youngest son moved to the US 1846.  
They traveled with the ship Virginia and arrived in New York 5 aug 1846.  

Their names where:
Anders Andersson b 10 sep 1785 Kisa
Anna Margareta Nilsdotter b 24 dec 1780 Kisa
Carl Johan Andersson b 13 feb 1822 Kisa

Later 1857 a daugther with family also emigrated to the US
Their names where:
Carl Gustaf Nilsson b 7 okt 1813 Asby
Christina Anderdotter b 26 apr 1817 Kisa
and 6 children

I got in contact with decendents of Christina and Carl Gustaf or at least what they thought. We have some disagreement of when Anders with wife and son emigrated. They say 1856 which would make it the wrong family. Also I have information that say that Anna Margareta did not make the journy and other that say she did.

The reason I have not pushed forward is that my first contact I had resently died and I did not want to disturb them with my doubts.  
According to them Anders Andersson took the name Andrew Anderson Hillman and died 22 feb 1878 in York, Nebraska. Also Anna Margareta did not make the oversee journey. Also the decendents of Carl Gustaf and Christina took the name Lindstrom. Their family history tells that Carl Gustaf where a decendent of a cousin of the king but my reseach cant confirm that. The problem is also that his mother is not the same as I have found.

I would like to have it confirmed (or not) that Anders Andersson is Andrew Hillman and that Anna Margareta did or did not make it to the US.  

Also if possible to confirm that Lindstroms are decendents of my Andrew Hillman.

I have read a letter home from an other family that also where on the Virginia and apparently it was a very hard journey over with little food and they lost a child. It was hard weather and the food was either spoiled or lost over board.

I have some more info about the Lindstroms if needed.

/Anders