NULL Skriv ut sidan - Äldre inlägg (arkiv) till 6.1.2002

Anbytarforum

Titel: Äldre inlägg (arkiv) till 6.1.2002
Skrivet av: Stig Nilson skrivet 2001-04-01, 21:40
Michael,John and Totte.  
Many thanks for excellent research and for all the time you must have spent on it. (Is there any way I can compensate for that?)
You have established beyond any doubt that good old C.double-U (as we call him) is for real.
He has a large family in Sweden, well researched by John and Totte. Wish I had my own Nilsson line researched with comparable quality.
Questions remaining are many,but here are a few:
WHAT happened to CW in the US?
WHY are his books and postcards found among Chas Nelsons belongings?

What kind of education did The Svea Artilleriregemente provide? I have learned that this branch of the Swedish Military had professional manning and did not recruit through the mandatory service system. Was CW an educated man?    

My second Cousins on the West Coast are still of the opinion that my Farfars brother Karl, a Logger, and CW is the same man. Identity theft?????  
However my Karl Nilssons identity is also established beyond doubts (10/8 1866-2/13 1959) He was actually living with his widowed mother in Ramsele, Degerfors Paris, in Vasterbotten 1890. Exact year for emigration is missing but he is obefintlig 1895. Around that time he is undeniable posing for photographs in Manistee, Michigan,USA.1906 is his wedding photograph taken in Seatttle. Married to Elna Nilsdotter,Skarvik Skane County.
CW lived for some time in Kootenai county, Idaho. Coeur d'Alene etc.  That area was a hot spot in the beginning of last century. There was mining  ..... mainly silver but also other minerals. Logging, was also big, and so were the labor conflicts. Was CW involved?  Could he be on the wanted list and hiding out in Scandia, Kitsap County,WA? ... And how could he leave his bible behind??
CW evaporated around 1909 and have not materialized since.
Again, Many, Many Thanks!
Stig