NULL Skriv ut sidan - Äldre inlägg (arkiv) till 11 oktober, 2013

Anbytarforum

Titel: Äldre inlägg (arkiv) till 11 oktober, 2013
Skrivet av: Inga-Kari Björner skrivet 2013-04-24, 09:50
Hej Dennis,

The information you asked for is as follows first in Swedish: Brudg[ummen] torpare i Högmålen Drögshults ägor har en gång förut varit gift. Bruden piga därstädes, född 1835 7/8 har icke förut varit gift. Mannen företedde arfskifte efter afl[idna] hustrun Anna Gr[eta] Andersd[otter] och Bruden skriftligt bifall af dess moder. Lyste 1sta gången d 9de Jan. Ch. Sigill 8 s Bco.  
In English: The groom crofter in Högmålen on the lands of Drögshult, has once before been married. The Bride maid there, born 1835 7/8, has not earlier been married. The man showed succession documents after deceased wife Anna Greta Andersdotter and the bride written permission from her mother. Banns 1st time the 9th of January. Charta Sigill 1 shilling Banco (stamp duty).

The deceased wife has got her past name wrong, her name was Birgersdotter. I don't know the exact translation of the Swedish word lysning, which was (as you might know) the declaration in the church three times before the wedding in order to give the opportunity for anyone against the wedding to protest.

The death of the first wife 13/6 1858 is in the same book, page 237. I think you have got the birth of the eldest daughter wrong. She was born 10/8 1843, Nykil C:6 (1830-1850) page 169. Have you tried to follow the persons in the husförhörslängder? You can find them in for example Nykil A:16 (1851-1855) page 29.

Good luck

Inga-Kari