NULL Skriv ut sidan - Äldre inlägg (arkiv) till 2002-10-11

Anbytarforum

Titel: Äldre inlägg (arkiv) till 2002-10-11
Skrivet av: Diane Howell Friis skrivet 2001-05-06, 08:05
Excuse me for writing to you in English, but I do not speak or write Swedish.

My grandfather's name was Otto Emil Lindström, born 7 November, 1865, in Gärdslösa, Öland, Kalmar län. His father's name was Karl Lindström (1827-1888), and his mother Anna Maria Nilsdotter. The birth records indicated his mother was 44 years old when he was born. Although the birth record state Karl was a tenant farmer, I understand he was involved in sport-fishing, offering boating excursions to wealthy sportsfishermen. I know Otto had a sister named Emma Lindström(1854-1922) whose married name was Peterson, and who had a daughter named Thyra. Because of the age of Otto's mother at his birth, it would seem that Emma was older than he. Otto immigrated to California in the late 1880's or early 1890's.  

My mother communicated with the Petersons when she was young, but lost track of the family three quarters of a century ago. On a trip to Öland, we checked the church at Gärdslösa, and could find no records of Lindströms buried there, indicating they must not have remained in that parish.  

Can somebody help me with more information about my family?  

Sincerely,  

Diane Howell Friis