NULL Skriv ut sidan - Äldre inlägg (arkiv) till 2004-03-25

Anbytarforum

Titel: Äldre inlägg (arkiv) till 2004-03-25
Skrivet av: Bo Nordenfors skrivet 2004-01-08, 08:37
Per Anton Jonsson född 1875-08-17 i Strömsund, Nordmaling, AC
avled i USA i maj 1907 enligt nedanstående tidningsnotis, som jag fann citerad på www. ancestry.com på ”message board” för Snohomish Co., WA., USA. Inlägget gjordes där den 24 April 1998 av Marthe Arends.
Födelsedata stämmer med Sven-Erik Johanssons databas, - betr. Strömsund framgår det ur ”Öreälvens byar” att det är den byn som var P A Jonssons födelseby.
Hustrun är Selma Kristina Persdotter f. 1878-05-26 i Nordanbäck (enligt databasen).

” Edmonds Man Killed at North Bend

Per Anton Jannson of North Edmonds was killed last week while at work on a railroad cut near North Bend, Wash.

Mr. Jannson, who owns five acres in North Edmonds, has spent most of his time since a resident of this place in working with construction crews. About two months ago he went to work for contractor Carl Johnson on railroad work near North Bend, Washington. The crew were making a deep cut and a large rock near the top of the cut was encountered. They had worked almost a day trying to dislodge it but it resisted their efforts. At about five o'clock last Wednesday evening Mr. Jannson and another workman were in the bottom of the cut when the big rock fell. A call of warning was given the men but Mr. Jannson did not get beyond the danger and was severely injured. However the doctor who attended him said the injury was not bad and that it was unnecessary to summon the wife of the injured man. Notwithstanding, Mr. Jannson was dead at six o'clock the next morning, before any word had been sent to his family here of his injuries. Consequently the message announcing his death was a terrible blow.

The funeral services were held from an undertaking establishment in Seattle Monday.

Per Anton Jannson was born August 17, 1875, in Nordmaling, Waslesbotion, Sweden. May 17, 1903 he was united in marriage with Miss Selma Pearson and two days later they left their native country for America. They remained in New York about eight months and then came direct to Edmonds, which has since been their home. Mr. Jannson leaves besides the widow, two sons, his parents, two sisters and a brother who still reside in Sweden.

Mr. Jannson was a hard working man and although he had worked away from home much of the time he had cleared most of his five acres here and had a nice orchard started. He also owned a farm in Sweden.

The Edmonds Tribune, May 30, 1907. Volume 1, No. 4, page 1”