NULL Skriv ut sidan - Äldre inlägg (arkiv) till 2004-08-22

Anbytarforum

Titel: Äldre inlägg (arkiv) till 2004-08-22
Skrivet av: Lisa Robinson skrivet 2004-08-12, 19:57
Hello,  I have another listing at: Anbytarforum: Landskap: Okänt landskap / Spårlöst försvunna: Augusta Marie Anderson. Born: 21 Jun 1865 in Kopparberg - to US 1883 related to this inquery.

The kind people that answered me there suggested that I ask for help here.  Family legend says my great Grandmother, Augusta Marie Anderson came from Kopparberg.  Unfortunately, I don't which of the different derivations of Kopparberg is correct: parish, lan, etc.  

Her parents are listed on a funeral certificate here from Yakima, Washington, as Andrew Anderson and Fredericke Messig. The genealogists there said that Messig didn't seem like a proper Swedish name, and Messing or Mässing may be a likelier choice, with some names that seem plausible links.

If anyone has ideas about possiblilities for names of her grandparents, there is a Mässing family line I can try to tie into.

Augusta emigrated from Sweden in 1883.  I've never heard of any other family members coming to the U.S.  I do have a postcard from the Sanatoriet in Kopparberg that was in a family photo album from the 1920s.  It doesn't have a name on it, but since it was mailed to the family it would seem that someone related should have either lived there or worked there. Could anyone tell me if the place still exists or if records from it would be available?

Thank you in advance for any help, (and also tolerance for my lack of proper Swedish!)
Lisa