NULL Skriv ut sidan - Äldre inlägg (arkiv) till 2001-12-29

Anbytarforum

Titel: Äldre inlägg (arkiv) till 2001-12-29
Skrivet av: Eva Dahlberg skrivet 2001-12-06, 16:42
Clyde! A number of Danielssons emigrated from Grangärde in 1903, two of them are brothers
and are listed on the CD Emigranten as Carl E Danielson age 28 with brother Aug. age 17 and they have a ticket dated 13 July 1903. They leave for Norway, Michigan, and arrive in Ellis Island where both of them are listed, found as Karl Erik and August Danielson. I only found August Danielson listed in the register of Ellis Island, but his brother Karl Erik is on the line above him on the manifest.

Johan Danielson has a ticket dated 21 August 1903 for Norway, Michigan. I couldn't find him on Ellis Island.

In 1906, as Karin points out above, a Karl August Danielson leaves Grangärde, listed in the CD as Karl A Danielson, age 25, with a ticket dated 20 April 1906. He arrives at Ellis Island, as Karin has given above, listed as Karl A Danielson.

It seems like there are two different sets of brothers, and that yours are the two latter. All four mentioned above left via Göteborg (Gothenburg).
The parents I haven't been able to find on the CD or on the Ellis Island website.

They haven't come through Canada? Other researchers on this board have stated that most of their emigrants that settled in Michigan came in via Halifax or Quebec (and are therefore not registered on Ellis Island).

They may also have emigrated from Norwegian ports, and not Swedish, which wasn't uncommon in Sweden and may thereby not appear on the Swedish CD Emigranten. In that case you can search port by port on http://digitalarkivet.uib.no/index-eng.htm  you chose Source categories in the lower right corner and you'll find the emigrant protocols.

You probably need a lookup of the churchbooks. The material for the 1900s is also available now . They have been filmed to microfiche and the originals are delivered to the Regional Archives in Uppsala, and available there.

You have three or four options to find the exact fate of your relatives and dates for emigration.
1) write to the parish and ask as they have copies and may do a look-up; grangarde.forsamling@svenskakyrkan.se

2) write to the regional archives and ask, they might bill you though; landsarkivet@landsarkivet-uppsala.ra.se

3) buy the microfiche from SVAR through the  Swenson Swedish Immigration Research Center at
Augustana College (Rock Island, Ill.) at http://www.augustana.edu/administration/SWENSON/svar.html

4) someone who researchs the area might help you and do a look-up. You may be lucky that someone volunteers here. Unfortunately I don't have the possibility myself.

Best regards, and good luck.
Eva Dahlberg