NULL Skriv ut sidan - Äldre inlägg (arkiv) till 2004-10-22

Anbytarforum

Titel: Äldre inlägg (arkiv) till 2004-10-22
Skrivet av: Jeff Benson skrivet 2004-10-12, 21:24
Hello Otterstad researchers!

I saw the thread above regarding Apelqvists in Otterstad. I have also seen the Otterstad Apelqvist families posted to DISBYT. I am curious about the origins of the Apelqvist families of Otterstad, particularly in the late 17th and early 18th century.

My ancestors are from Värmland but I have some Apelqvists in the tree. The earliest of my known ancestors is Gustav Apelqvist, born about 1723 at an unknown place. I also know of an older man, Värml. Reg. Sergeant Petter Apelqvist, who lived in some of the same parishes as Gustav. I suspect Petter may be some sort of relation (father? uncle?) but I have not yet been able to find records that definitely link them.

What I find interesting is the Otterstad Apelqvists from the early 1700s in DISBYT all seem to share the same given names as my known or suspected ancestors. Petter Apelqvist from Värmland had two known sons, Erik and Jonas. These names, along with Gustav, all match members of at least one Otterstad Apelqvist family. I'm not suggesting they are the same people but rather I am curious whether they might share a common ancestor, one or two generations further back.

Since these given names are common, probably it is coincidence. But Apelqvist is not such a common surname from this time. And Otterstad is only a short distance across Lake Vänern.  Since I am currently at a brick wall with the origins of my ancestor, Gustav Apelqvist, I am pursuing these less-likely but still somewhat promising leads.

I appreciate any comments regarding the possibility of a link between these two Apelqvist families. Thanks.

MVH,
Jeff Benson