NULL Skriv ut sidan - Äldre inlägg (arkiv) till 2004-01-10

Anbytarforum

Titel: Äldre inlägg (arkiv) till 2004-01-10
Skrivet av: Judy Walburn skrivet 2003-10-23, 19:19
First of all, thank you Kerstin Carlborg, your information was the correct family.  However, I am still working on this problem.  I did find Gustaf Alexander Ekstrom in the clerical surveys for Hjo stad. at Ekeskogen (farm) and found that he did have a brother Frans Oskar, born 2 November 1864, whom I believe is my direct ancestor.  The problem is that the clerical survey records I can access go only up to 1876.  I did get clerical survey records for 1889-1899, but by then Frans Oskar had immigrated, and his family, with the exception of his sister Anna Sofia, were gone.  (US Census says that he came November 1881.) Utflytting records show a Frans Oskar Anderson moving out of Hjo stad Oct. 28, 1881 and going to Varsas, but not immigrating to America.  His father was Anders Gustaf Karlsson, mother Gustafva Fredrika Andersdotter, and I have found his children using various last names (Andersson, Gustafsson, Ekstrom).  I did sign up for Genline, and found a wealth of information regarding my Swedish relatives, but am stuck on this family.  Is there anyone with access to Hjo stad clerical surveys between 1876 and 1889, that can look up Ekeskogen and see what happened to the family, and specifically to Frans Oskar.  I have had no luck in finding his emigration records, and what name he went by on his emigration to America. The records show that he went by the last name of Arvicksson in the US. Any information would be deeply appreciated.