NULL Skriv ut sidan - Äldre inlägg (arkiv) till 17 maj, 2009

Anbytarforum

Titel: Äldre inlägg (arkiv) till 17 maj, 2009
Skrivet av: Joy Berglind Hackl skrivet 2009-05-17, 00:04
Hi to everyone,
I have been looking for information on my great grandfather, Carl Berglind, for 15 years.  Here is what I have and it's not much.  Carl married Anna Sofia Andersdotter (Anderson) in Chicago in Oct. 1881 (his age on the marriage certificate was 38 years).  Anna had immigrated to Chicago from Jönköping in the spring of 1881 with her illegitimate daughter who was 4 years old (Carl was not the father of her child).  There is no 1880 census because it was burned so I couldn't look for Carl there.  He and Anna had 4 children between 1881 and 1890.  Carl died in 1892.  His age on his death certificate was 52 years.  My grandfather's birth certificate states that his father (Carl Berglind) was from Varmland (that is the only clue that I have that he may be from Varmland).  I can't find when he immigrated to America.  I can't find that he belonged to a church in Chicago (he was married by a Justice of the Peace).  I have asked many relatives and no one even knew his name was Carl.  He was not naturalized.  Carl is buried at a cemetery in Chicago but there is no marker with his birth date on it.  Aside from going through every parish in Varmland on Genline I don't know what to do.  Any help would be appreciated.