NULL Skriv ut sidan - Äldre inlägg (arkiv) till 12 mars, 2013

Anbytarforum

Titel: Äldre inlägg (arkiv) till 12 mars, 2013
Skrivet av: Sue Carlson skrivet 2013-03-11, 23:17
Forgive me for writing in English. I am American and I am trying to trace my husband's Swedish roots. His father was born in Sweden but there is mystery surrounding his birth and I am attempting to unravel it. His birth record reads as follows: Fader: okänd. Moder: hem. äg. Frn. Dagmar Naemi Oden fr. Karud, som hos mig begärt att få detta barn antecknadt såsom sjä 28/6/1896. A friend translated the hem. äg. as 'hemmansägare'. When I did a google translation 'hemmansägare' came up 'Yeoman' which could mean a 'servant in a royal household'. Family rumors say she was employed by the royal family. My father-in-law was born in 1914. Is there any way that I can verify that? Unfortunately, there is no one left alive as it was nearly 100 years ago.  Also, he was born in October 1914, but his birth record was not recorded until June 1915 in Tveta, Värmland. Might it have been recorded earlier at a different place? I truly appreciate any information you can supply. It is difficult to trace information once you cross the ocean as the language barrier can present a problem. Thank you in advance for your help.