NULL Skriv ut sidan - Äldre inlägg (arkiv) till 2002-11-06

Anbytarforum

Titel: Äldre inlägg (arkiv) till 2002-11-06
Skrivet av: Leanne Spencer skrivet 2002-06-12, 01:30
As a young woman, my great-grandmother, Louisa Ulrika Lundquist, came to the U.S. (Massachusetts) from Sweden. She was born on October 8, 1869, probably somewhere in the province of Vaermland. As I understand it, her brother had come to the U.S. earlier and had settled in Woburn, Massachusetts.  She apparently came for a visit, spied my great-grandfather playing the violin in church, and never returned to Sweden. She married my great-grandfather, Carl Olof Everberg (born Karl Olof Efverberg), also a Swedish immigrant (from Kristinehamn, Vaermland) in Woburn, Massachusetts, in 1894. I have recently learned that her brother's name was Anders Gustaf Lundquist.  His U.S. naturalization papers indicate he was born in Karlskoga on June 8, 1866, and that he arrived in Boston, Massachusetts (having departed from Gothenberg, Sweden) on April 12, 1885.  He was married in Woburn, Massachusetts, in 1893 to a woman named Hulda Johnson (possibly also from Sweden?). I believe Louisa and Anders may have had a sister named Sara who also came to the U.S. I do not know the names of their parents. Does anyone have any ideas on how I might be able to obtain information on my Swedish Lundquist family? Any information at all would be greatly appreciated.