NULL Skriv ut sidan - Äldre inlägg (arkiv) till 2000-08-30

Anbytarforum

Titel: Äldre inlägg (arkiv) till 2000-08-30
Skrivet av: Kathleen Hedberg skrivet 2000-08-30, 00:06
To Bengt Nordstrand and others interested in Jordan of Brickegården:
Here is some information that I have about him and his descendants: I have found him listed in early tax records between 1591 and 1621 in Brickegårdstorp, with the surname Arvidsson (Aruesson) in 1610 and 1611.  An Olof Arvidsson is listed in Brickegården at the same time, with Arvid listed in 1590.  Likely Olof and Jordan were brothers, and sons of Arvid.
Jordan Arvidsson likely had these five children: Nils, Arvid, Måns, Ingeborg, and Mats.  There is good evidence that Arvid and Mats are sons of Jordan, and they remain in Brickegården or Brickegårdstorp.  The evidence for the other three children is more circumstantial.  
Nils Jordansson is listed along with Jordan Arvidsson in the 1611 tax record for Brickegårdstorp, and in 1612 without a last name.  He is not mentioned again in Brickegårdstorp.  In 1613 a Nils Jordansson is mentioned for the first time in Kvarntorp, and there are many subsequent references to him.  He married Bengta Persdotter and had several children.  It is likely that the Nils Jordansson in Kvarntorp is the same person as the Nils Jordansson in Brickegårdstorp and that he was the son of Jordan Arvidsson.
Måns Jordansson (salig) is mentioned in the 1670 court record stating that he had not purchased half hemmanet Bryttiegårdstorp, but rather Mattes Jordansson.  A Måns Jordansson is mentioned in several tax and court records in Bregårdstorp between 1616 and 1656, and in 1664: “Item: sal. Måns Jordanssons och Måns Pedherssons...barn... Gunnila Gunnarsdr och hennes barn, Oluff, Arffwid, Jöns, Jordan, Johan, och Gunnar Månsessoner.  Item: Ingeborgh Jordansdr och hennes barn, Per, Ingrid, Bengta, Kirstin, St. Brita, Marit, och L. Brita Månses barn, samt Kirstin Månsdr [from a previous marriage with] Brita Persdr.”
In the 1674 court record is noted that Jordan Månsson (Måns Jordansson's son) sold land in Bregårdstorp to Gunnar Månsson.  A court record entry in 1686 dealing with Jordan Matsson's of Brickegården “tienstaflicka” mentions “Jordan i Stenkullan, Jordan Matssons syskonesbarn.”  Other records show that Jordan i Stenkullan is Jordan Månsson, and since Jordan Matsson is the son of Mats Jordansson, if  Måns Jordansson of Bregårdstorp was a brother to Matts Jordansson and father to Jordan Månsson, Jordan Månsson and Jordan Matsson would be syskonesbarn.  
There is no evidence linking Ingeborg Jordansdotter with this family; however,  her name, and the fact that she is the right approximate age, make it possible for her to be a daughter of Jordan Arvidsson.  
My mf mf f is Nils Jordansson, born 1761 in Sibbo.  His ff ff is Jordan Matsson, born 1646 (according to death record) in Brickegården, the son of the Mats Jordansson noted above.
Nils Jordansson's mm ff is Jordan Arvidsson, who lives in Lerängen from 1670-1697 according to tax and court records.  His daughter Brita is married to Jon Olsson.  According to the court record of 1694, Jon Olsson wants land in Brickegården that belonged to “sin swärfader” which shows that Jordan Arvidsson is likely the son of the Arvid Jordansson noted above.