NULL Skriv ut sidan - Äldre inlägg (arkiv) till 2006-01-14

Anbytarforum

Titel: Äldre inlägg (arkiv) till 2006-01-14
Skrivet av: Donna Loper skrivet 2005-10-03, 06:35
Greetings:
I am trying to confirm that my Louis Lunn (Americanized name) is in fact Lars Larsson from  
Råda, Ekshärad area.   On the Venjan discussion board, I have a reference to all of my Swedish family detail. See: http://aforum.genealogi.se/discus/messages/44/7912.html?1128054014

The following information is from CD Emibas  
Post 751486  
Persson, Lars  
Ägare (married man)  
b. 3/9/1823 in Ekshärad, Värmlands län (Värmland)
Emigrated 6/13/1887  
from Råda, Ekshärad, Värmlands län (Värmland)  
to Nordamerika  
Source: Household Examination Roll, p. 162  
Emibas migration file ID: Ekshärad S 1887 044  

Here are the details of the oral family history I have, with no records, other than his naturalization papers. Please someone see if you can find my family in the Råda or Ekshärad parish records that proves my Louis Lunn is Lars Larsson. Thank you very much. - Donna
-------------
Facts known in America Details:
Lars (Louis Lunn) Larsson
Born 20 Dec 1855
Father = Lars Perrson
Mother = Marit
Arrived in US July 18,1886(age approx. 31)  

Siblings who also emigrated to America are:
  Annie, born 1865, married Benjamin Benson
  Belle, married John Carlson

Family Story about Louis's famly back in Sweden:
 Meanwhile Louis Lunn, son of Lars Person and Marit Larson was growing up, immigrating to Mid-America and spring out the land for a place to settle. When he found land along the Rum River north of Princeton, Minnesota -- at that time a lumbering town, he felt at home and took 40 acres. He also talked his sister Annie, and her husband Benjamin Benson into getting 40 acres right to the south of his property. [...]  
Louis took the name Lunn because he said it meant peaceful valley where they had come from in Sweden. His sisters Annie and Belle took Larson as their last name as was traditional, their father's name being LARS Person. Another sister married a Berglund. She died in childbirth and after her husband remarried, the two families lost contact. Belle married John Carlson and lived near Buffalo Minnesota. Annie and Ben Benson had four children (Arthur, Esther, Anna and Mabel).  
Louis and Carrie were married in 1892, moved to Princeton, Mn farm early in the 1900's.  
------------
If you can find this family in the local parish or census records, please let me know. I would like to somehow confirm Louis Lunn is Lars Larsson and perhaps get photocopies of emigration and/or census household records.

Thank you everyone for any help.
Sincerely, Donna Loper   dloper3@comcast.net
Vancouver, Washington USA