NULL Skriv ut sidan - Äldre inlägg (arkiv) till 1999-11-29

Anbytarforum

Titel: Äldre inlägg (arkiv) till 1999-11-29
Skrivet av: Carolyn Frisch skrivet 1999-09-26, 20:16
Bjorn, Erik, Carl S., Tomas, Elizabeth, and Carl Johan, Greetings.
We returned from our trip to Scandinavia on Wednesday. I want to tell you that I had a most memorable and wonderful time.  It was very special to meet you Johan!  Thank you for introducing yourself to us. I am so sorry I didn't connect you to the message about the Arkivecentrum right away. I may not have been there had you not written that message.
I did stop in Loffstrand and ask if there were Skoogs living there now.  We were directed to a home some meters away.  I showed the lady my tee shirt that had SKOOG on the front and asked if she were a Skoog. She called her husband, who by the way spoke very good Engish, and I asked if he were related to Olof Nilsson Skoog.  He said that Olof was his great grandfather and I informed them that he was my great grandfather too.  We had just a marvelous visit. He had done some searching of family when he was not well some time back, so we were able to compare notes.  I could tell you more about our visit, but this is probably all you wish to know.
I just want to thank each of you for the contribution you made using this media, to help me gain knowledge of the area as well as of my ancestors.
By the way, the iron crosses in the Eksharad grave yard are truly works of art. I took pictures of many of them.
We also found the churches interesting to tour. We went through the churches at Rada, Eksharad, and at Norra Ny.
Thanks again for your interest in my behalf.
I will keep reading this rotter and hope to see your names from time to time.

Carolyn from Minnesota