NULL Skriv ut sidan - Äldre inlägg (arkiv) till 1999-11-29

Anbytarforum

Titel: Äldre inlägg (arkiv) till 1999-11-29
Skrivet av: Björn Sonesson skrivet 1999-08-30, 18:20
Hi Carolyn!

The cemetery of Eksharad with is ironcross is probably Eksharad's most famous thing. Many blacksmiths and prosperous peasants is buried there under the cross. Often the grave have became used in generations. Some is still used today. There are a few people which still make crosses.

In Sweden, we usually don't have bygdebocker. I don't know why, but maybe that have something to do with the late foundation of modern Norway (1905) after several centuries under the Kingdom of Denmark and later the Kingdom of  Sweden since the 14th or 15th Centuries.  

For Eksharad, we have a book named Eksharadsboken or something similar, which was editioned by Signe Borlind and issued about 1960.
Another book is in the serie  Byar och gardar i ovre Klaralvdalen. I don't know its number.  
Both books are probably available in Arkivcentrum, Karlstad.  
There do exist some computer-based extract from Eksharads church-books. Two extract-books consists of christened children 1665-1799 and one another extract-book register married couples from the time the books begin to end of ther year 1860. They are to good help. They may have theese books in Arkivcentrum.

Greetings, from Bjorn.