NULL Skriv ut sidan - Äldre inlägg (arkiv) till 15 juli, 2015

Anbytarforum

Titel: Äldre inlägg (arkiv) till 15 juli, 2015
Skrivet av: Janet Carlson skrivet 2015-03-26, 22:53
I am trying to find the ancestors to a person named Fredrika Wilhelmina Lindström, born Dec 7, 1863 in Jakob och Johannes parish, born oäkta to a 23 year old mother.  (C1a:24 page 83; CIIb:7 image 41)  There were no witnesses at the baptism; the minister did it privately.  There is an address given: David Bagares gatan 19, but am told that might be the midwife's address rather than the mother's.
I lose track of Fredrika until she appears as a foster child in Sura to a couple named Anders Lindström and his second wife Matilda Maria Björklund in Sura AIa:13b page 193 (1877-1886).  His first wife was Ing Maria Söderberg born Nov 19, 1825 in Björsäter.  They move to Sura from Solna in 1869  She is not listed with them in the preceding volume Sura AIa:12b, page 175 (1866-1876), nor is she listed in the moving in records.  She is not listed with the last name Lindström (at least I think so; Sura records were in a fire and the edges of the pages are gone, nor is there a number than might connect her to the Stockholm Barnhus.  She is listed as a fosterdotter.)
She moves back to Jakob och Johannes at the age of 18 (1882), lives alone with the title Mamsell, has a lady who is “ansvarig”, and then emigrates to the US in 1888 alone.  (Stockholm Mantals bok, roten #7, Jeriko qvart. St.Jakob's parish, egendomen #6 with address #15 on Lästmakargatan.) Rotemans arkivet idnr 0072020010260.
It seems that great pains were taken all through her life to keep her background a secret, making me think that one of her parents (at least) might have been well-born.  The husförhörslängder aren't much help and it's too early time-wise to be in the Rotemannen. The mother was probably born in 1840, if she gave her correct age, and we can't be certain that she was even a member of the Jakob och Johannes parish.  
Any leads you can give me would be greatly appreciated.  It's been a fascinating search so far, and I'd love to see where it leads.  
mvh
Janet Carlson