NULL Skriv ut sidan - Äldre inlägg (arkiv) till 2004-12-10

Anbytarforum

Titel: Äldre inlägg (arkiv) till 2004-12-10
Skrivet av: Anders Andersson skrivet 2004-06-02, 13:43
Note that the English name James corresponds to Jakob (sometimes spelled Jacob) in Sweden. Bev is looking for James, born around 1835 with a father named Julius and a mother with a maiden name of Lang. Ann-Britt instead finds Julius, born in 1835 as son of Jacob Lang. Problem is, James emigrates to Australia, while Julius Lang returns and dies in Sweden. All the right names, but the relationships don't add up; it's highly confusing!

Bev, could it be that some of your data is wrong because it has been incorrectly entered into your source (the death certificate) in the first place? You said James died in 1908. Do you have access to the original certificate, or to a transcript/photocopy? Who wrote it, and where? Who may have supplied the information? Was James married at the time of his death? This is all speculative on my part, and you may not be able to answer these questions, but I think they are important.

I wonder if Julius Lang who went to sea in 1855 had any children, and if finding them may help solve this riddle. We could use the assistance of someone familiar with maritime records, such as when the ship Sir Robert Peel departed from Swedish ports, and who were among the crew. Sure there must be tons of such records in Gothenburg archives?