NULL Skriv ut sidan - Äldre inlägg (arkiv) till 2004-12-10

Anbytarforum

Titel: Äldre inlägg (arkiv) till 2004-12-10
Skrivet av: Anders Andersson skrivet 2004-05-24, 17:56
Bev, I'm that someone who sent you here. As I mentioned in the other thread, Lang is a surname that has been used in this part of Sweden (there are a number of individuals named Lang in the DISBYT database). Thus the data you have provided at least look plausible.

As you say, Sales is not a Swedish name (it's found in the DISBYT database, but for a couple of people in Spain only). Therefore I wonder: Do you actually have the full name of James' father, Julius Sales, in writing on that death certificate? Is the father mentioned on the marriage certificate as well? Was James married in Australia? If so, Sales appears to have been Julius' original name, or he must have been accidentally renamed in the records by or after his son James in Australia.

I hope someone with easy access to Lysekil records may be able to find a birth record for James, regardless of surname (perhaps even his first name was changed; James isn't exactly a Swedish name either). The first names of his parents (Julius and Justina) may also be helpful.

You may already know that Lysekil is a town on the west coast of Sweden, north of the city of Gothenburg (Göteborg).