NULL Skriv ut sidan - Äldre inlägg (arkiv) till 2003-05-25

Anbytarforum

Titel: Äldre inlägg (arkiv) till 2003-05-25
Skrivet av: Bertil Holmström (Beho) skrivet 2003-05-25, 17:14
Dear Jön-Eric (and Marie):

A just came across your message dated tisdag den 11 mars 2003 kl. 19.02, and Marie's answer dated onsdag den 12 mars 2003 kl. 21.02 concerning Olof Didriksson. Didrik is a rather uncommon name. Such names have a tendency to go down through a family. My ancestor #232 Anders Biörnsson had a sister Ingrid, married to Didrik Torbjörnsson (1644 1732). Could there be a link?

Sure enough. Didrik and Ingrid had a son Hans (1688). Hans had a daughter Kari (1722), who had a son Didrik (1751) - the father of your Olof!

In a later message you write that you have very difficult time trying to get around on these Swedish sites, because of the language barrier. I agree that this can be a problem if you want to read all the fine print, but not unsurmountable if you keep swimming on the surface. On my page http://hem.thalamus.nu/~gvp009251/hem/Tjernebo/Tjernebo.html you find Ingrid (and Didrik) on level 4, in the middle. From there you can click your way around - names and years are universal, as are place names.

Didrik had a very interesting older brother Torbjörn. One day I will translate that story into English, for your enjoyment.  

Let's keep in touch!