NULL Skriv ut sidan - Äldre inlägg (arkiv) till 2003-09-17

Anbytarforum

Titel: Äldre inlägg (arkiv) till 2003-09-17
Skrivet av: Anders Berg skrivet 2003-09-17, 23:20
Andrew, was August Widerström a garfvare? You asked about this occupation earlier. If so I believe August Wilhelm born 24 June 1842 in Linneryd is a very likely candidate for your ancestor! I followed his mother and him forward in the household examination rolls of Linneryd. Lisa Johansdotter eventually married a crofter named Johan Gustaf Danielsson, and August Wilhelm got the patronymic name Johansson, probably after his stepfather. Here's the interesting part. August Wilhelm Johansson became a tanner apprentice, garfvarelärling,  as can be seen in the moving-out record when he leaves Linneryd in 1863:

He is leaving Bro in Linneryd parish on 26 March 1863 and is moving to an unknown destination (obestämd ort). When does he appear in Ångermanland?

In the household examination records it is noted that August Wilhelm's father is living in Karlskrona, but his name is not given. It is possible that he is called Widerström, but it is also quite possible August adopted this name by himself when moving to Ångermanland.

Here is the birth record in 1842:

The images disappeared when I edited the message...