NULL Skriv ut sidan - Äldre inlägg (arkiv) till 2004-11-02

Anbytarforum

Titel: Äldre inlägg (arkiv) till 2004-11-02
Skrivet av: Patricia Mikkelsen skrivet 2003-03-24, 20:20
I am looking for information about my great grandfather, Severin Carlsson and his family.  Here is what I have so far.  He was born 25 October 1854 in Brastad.  His mother was Gustafwa (Svensdotter) Lysell, born 14 December 1838 in Bro.  His father is unknown.  In 1857, Gustafwa married Carl Nilsson, but it is not clear if he is Severin's father.  I also do not know if Gustafwa had any other children, with Carl or with another man.  I have heard that Severin had brothers, but have no other information.

Severin immigrated to Norway, but I do not know when.  He was reported to be a worker on the farm Haug (Vestfold, Norway) in 1879.  He married Augusta Antonsdotter (b. 22 June 1850 in Kville, Bohuslän).  I do not know if he married her in Sweden or Norway.

Severin used the surname Carlsen on all records in Norway.  After reading the information on Swedish naming patterns, I wondered about this.  If his father was not known, I thought he would have adopted his mother's name (Gustafwasson) or Gustafwa's father's name (Swensson).  Is this an indicator that Carl was truly his father. or would it also be common for a child born out of wedlock to take his step-father's name?

I would greatly appreciate any assistance in this.  Perhaps the parish birth records have more information about Severin's father?

Regards,
Patricia