NULL Skriv ut sidan - Äldre inlägg (arkiv) till 2004-07-09

Anbytarforum

Titel: Äldre inlägg (arkiv) till 2004-07-09
Skrivet av: Eva Dahlberg skrivet 2003-09-12, 21:16
Kay Yates,
regarding Otto Gust Strom, I finally had the time to go to the library to check EMIBAS. There is an Otto Svensson emigrating from Barkeryd parish, not Bankeryd, on 22 October 1893, he was born on 27 September 1875. He is the only reasonably matching Otto from Jönköping County I can find in that database, which is built from the sources of clerical surveys and moving out records. Olle's message above means that there is no suitable family here in Bankeryd parish.

Unfortunately, the records available in the local library for Barkeryd only go as far as 1890. The original records for Barkeryd are availabe in the Regional Archives of Vadstena. You could ask them to do some limited research for you (even though also that requires a fee). I have no possibility to check this Otto, or the one leaving Barkeryd in 1901, to see if it's the same man. Possibly there could be estate inventories after his mother (the father died already in 1884) or if any of the siblings he had remained unmarried, after them.

Meanwhile, I also see your new inquiry here Anbytarforum: Discussions in English: Swedish geography: Rydaholm (http://forum.genealogi.se/index.php?topic=81401) - where an exact birth date is given which doesn't match the Otto above, and also the province of Ångermanland which is WAY far from Småland - see map here, but it's still possible that there is a connection.

To ease your understanding of Swedish records, genealocial resources etc etc, see links given in Swedish Roots.

Regards,
Eva