NULL Skriv ut sidan - Äldre inlägg (arkiv) till 01 februari, 2015

Anbytarforum

Titel: Äldre inlägg (arkiv) till 01 februari, 2015
Skrivet av: Erik Aasland skrivet 2014-02-23, 18:41
Hi Mats, thanks very much for this, good catch! It must be a maze sifting through those church book records and the handwriting, while beautiful, can be very tricky I imagine! I'd love to go back as far as I can on Gustaf Johnsson's side of the family if possible, but I wouldn't want you and Inga to spend too much time on this as I should think that it's a great deal of work. I am very thankful as I don't think I'd be able to make my way through the Swedish church book records that easily.

I found the birth record of Tilda and Per's daughter, Hildur (b. Feb. 28, 1907). Her birth registered in the Province of Ontario, born in Fort William on the said date, but her name is listed as Hilda Gundborg Johnson, with the parents as Peter Johnson and Matilda Gustafson. Obviously the Swedish names were anglicised to be more 'english' sounding, not very uncommon in those days.

So thank you again for your help, it is really appreciated, and for finding that interesting titbit on Gustaf's birth date.

Erik