NULL Skriv ut sidan - Äldre inlägg (arkiv) till 01 februari, 2015

Anbytarforum

Titel: Äldre inlägg (arkiv) till 01 februari, 2015
Skrivet av: Erik Aasland skrivet 2014-02-22, 15:58
Hi Maud,

Thank you so much, this is super, what great information to get! I was quite surprised to learn that he had nine siblings, but also understand that people had much bigger families back in those days. I'm hoping over time to be able to find a descendant, but first I have to get my head around all this information! The link to the railways is an interesting one as Axel eventually became a section foreman for the Canadian National Railway and its line in Northwestern Ontario. Did I understand you correctly (under child no. 6) that Tilda and Per were living in Canada for a while and had a child named Hildur (b. Feb. 28, 1907) here. Later they all moved to the United States in 1914, is that correct? Between Per and Tilda's family and Emil Gotthard's family (if he had family), there might be other 'Gustafssons' in North America then. That would be really interesting, I'll have to find their arrivals, either in Canada or the United States.

Thank you too for the additional information about their lives, this is just great. I'll have to check, but 'torpare' could be close (maybe not quite the same as though) to a 'tenant' famer. I think you're right though, I don't believe that Canada has a history of tenant farmers or farming.

Again, I am really grateful for your help Maud, very much appreciated. I would have probably spent months trying to find this information!

Best wishes.

Erik