NULL Skriv ut sidan - Theresa Antoinette Ericksdotter born August 1879, probably in Torp

Anbytarforum

Titel: Theresa Antoinette Ericksdotter born August 1879, probably in Torp
Skrivet av: Marj Mountainsong skrivet 2005-02-02, 21:44
Thank you Kerstin.  Yes, I believe you have found the correct person and family.  The birth date I had for Anna Brita Bjorkman was from her obituary in a small newspaper in Minnesota.  When Anna gave her age in the census data (1895 and 1900) her birthyear would have been 1856 as you found. Also, the designation of cousin was probably used loosely by another newspaper to indicate the relationship between Theresa and Brita.  I had wondered about the fact that Brita and Theresa seemed to belong to different generations.  Also, supporting your information is the mother's name, Brita Kajsa -- matching that of my great grandmother.

There is one other piece of information that I have regarding this family.  In the 1905 Minnesota Agricultural census, an Erick A. Bjorkman is listed as a brother to Anna Brita Bjorkman, age 50 and is living with Charles and Anna. If he appears in the records you check, then I think we can be quite sure you have found the correct family.

In the spring issue of Swedish-American Genealogist there will be a short article about Theresa and her family with two photos that I submitted.  Perhaps you would enjoy seeing the photo of my great-grandmother as you have worked so diligently to help me understand her Swedish connections.

Cheers,
Marj