NULL Skriv ut sidan - SV: Friberg, Charles John / Carl Johan

Anbytarforum

Titel: SV: Friberg, Charles John / Carl Johan
Skrivet av: Lyndon Barry skrivet 2022-11-07, 16:24
This really is a mystery.

I have census information from Wales in 1901 and 1911 to indicate that "my" Charles John Friberg was in Wales by this time, and married to Ellen Lewis.  My own searches found the Charles John in the USA, but the timings didn't seem right and there's been nothing said about living in America within the family, but then he did die before my father was born, and my grandfather and grandmother both died before I became interested in this.

However, and here's the interesting bit for me. 

The Carl Johan we're discussing was the son of Anders and Johanna Friberg (Nilsdotter)

They had a child named Alma Antoinette Friberg who died very soon after birth.

My grandmother also had a sister with the same name who survived and died when she was 47.

To me, this is circumstantial evidence that it's the same person, but the part about America means he's lost a wife in Sweden, moved to America, married a second time and had more children, then for some reason left America for Wales around the late 1890s, faked his own death(?), and married Ellen in 1894 making her wife number 3 and responsible for possibly 10 or more children

I've actually sent off for a DNA testing kit so who knows, maybe that will help.