NULL Skriv ut sidan - Friberg, Charles John / Carl Johan

Anbytarforum

Titel: Friberg, Charles John / Carl Johan
Skrivet av: Lyndon Barry skrivet 2022-11-06, 23:39
Quite a long time ago I posted a query on here about attempting to track the Swedish (and most interesting) side of my family tree. The main link I have is through my Great-Grandfather Charles John Friberg. Also known as Carl Johan and possibly Karl Johann.

Charles came to the UK in the late 1800s and appears to have been born in or near Malmo in to an Andreas Friberg. We have the attached certificate which shows he married Ellen Lewis in Cardiff, Wales on October 14th 1894. The certificate shows he is a widower and 27 years old suggesting a birth in 1867. However, other records including a census from 1901 & 1911 suggest he was actually born in 1858.  Charles died in October 1916 in Newport, South Wales.

As I mentioned earlier, some kind souls on the forum suggested two possible leads. 

1 Carl Johan was married to Anna Christina Mauritsson, had a daughter Anna Signe Friberg (who emigrated to the USA as a child). Anna Christina sadly passed away not long after her daughter's birth.  This would track with Charles' details as a widower, but the birth year is 1 year out and the father's name for this person is Anders, not Andreas.

I would dearly love to get some clarity on this.  I'm willing to share whatever information I have.

In hope

Lyndon