NULL Skriv ut sidan - SV: Transcription of probate, Mellby Parish 1749

Anbytarforum

Titel: SV: Transcription of probate, Mellby Parish 1749
Skrivet av: Scott Johnson skrivet 2022-09-01, 17:23
The light finally dawned on me.  The names of the parents given in Rangela's death record are wrong.  Her father was Sven Hermansson.

Oddly enough, I had originally recorded her father as Sven Hermansson after finding a suitable baptismal record for Rangela. It was only much later, when reviewing the evidence in my tree, that I realized her death record definitely said Sven Asmundsson. That's when the fun began.

In tracing this new Sven, nothing really matched up with Rangela or the brothers I knew were hers. This probate record was the latest example. Today, while going over my notes and spreadsheets for the umpteenth time, I realized that *everything* about Sven Hermansson's family matched up with what I now know about Rangela's family, except his name. Obviously the information on any death record needs to be taken with grain of salt, but this is the first time I've run into this issue with a Swedish record, which I've found to be very accurate.

Long story short -- Asmundsson is out, Hermansson is back in, and I can move on.

Thanks again, Kalle and Jörgen, for your help.