NULL Skriv ut sidan - SV: Transcription of probate, Mellby Parish 1749

Anbytarforum

Titel: SV: Transcription of probate, Mellby Parish 1749
Skrivet av: Scott Johnson skrivet 2022-09-01, 13:56
Many thanks to Kalle for the transcription and to both of you for your help in translating the text.

Sven and Anna were well beyond child-bearing age when they married. I am fairly certain now that "senare giftet" must be interpreted as "the latter's marriage", Anna's first marriage, and "forra giftet" must mean "the former's marriage", meaning Sven's previous marriage. I can confirm that he had daughters Karin and Kirsten with another wife (also named Anna).

The frustrating part is that what I am actually concerned with is my ancestor Rangela and her two brothers Lars and Sven, who were children of Sven Asmundsson, though perhaps not this one. None of them is mentioned in the probate. They were all still alive and living in the Mellby Parish when this Sven died, and there is plenty of room on the timeline for them to have come from a marriage even before the two Annas.

So I keep looking...

UPDATE: Jörgen added a reply before I finished. Thank you for deciphering Skofteby Parish! I spent considerable time last night trying to figure that one out (and failed). I'll let you all know if I ever solve the mystery.