NULL Skriv ut sidan - SV: EmiLarsson Database (Emigranten Populär, 1783-1951)

Anbytarforum

Titel: SV: EmiLarsson Database (Emigranten Populär, 1783-1951)
Skrivet av: Martin Remus skrivet 2022-06-12, 16:36
Thanks for your research, Kristina, but several years ago I researched Carl Gustaf Adolf Swanson in quite a bit of depth. As I live in the Twin Cities, MN, metro area, it was easy for me to go to MNHS for death certificates for him and his children. I thought I had an obit from the Taylors Falls, MN, newspaper, but can't lay hands on it at the moment. From his death certificate, I know he was buried in the Franconia Cemetery, down Hwy 8 from Shafer toward T F. I have a 1916 plat map of Shafer Township with the probable farm location and a couple of items that show his family as members of Trinity Lutheran Church, T F. I've previously connected with a descendant of his who provided information about the Swanson children that his grandmother had (I believe she was a granddaughter of Carl).

Like you, I tried Swanson/Swenson for August. I may try to contact the descendant to see if he has anything about August. To my knowledge, none of Carl and August's sisters emigrated. Yes, Carl and August's parents died a little less than a month apart (I'm a volunteer researcher for our MN Swedish Genealogy group, so I'm on Arkiv Digital frequently).

The address for (Sven) August is in the 1911 directory I have in my shoebox, so my curiosity is satisfied. I found him in the 1910 census living just south of downtown Minnepolis; many apartment buildings in that area (across I-94 from the Convention Center). I also found him in south Minneapolis, along with HIlda and Ralph, in the 1920 census under the surname that was erroneously written as Manuon. The family lived in a different part of south Minneapolis in the 1930 census. He was quite a bit older than Hilda.

Thanks again for your assistance.