NULL Skriv ut sidan - SV: EmiLarsson Database (Emigranten Populär, 1783-1951)

Anbytarforum

Titel: SV: EmiLarsson Database (Emigranten Populär, 1783-1951)
Skrivet av: Martin Remus skrivet 2022-06-12, 04:01
Thank you, Sven, for directing me to Riksarkivet. I found the letter, but, unfortunately, it did not contain a specific destination in America for A W Magnusson of Nydala Kronoberg.

Kristina, I accept your explanation and thank you for it. One tries leads that don't always yield the desired result. I will correct my tree. I had found a Declaration of Intention for an August Magnusson, b. 9 Jun 1864, and his birthplace was written as 'Wixa'. While I knew the birth date was 10 days different than that for August Wilhelm (and as you did, I had already found that his 19 Jun 1864 birth date in Växjö landsförsamling AI:14 was written as 19 Sep 1864 in AI:15 and subsequent H.E.R.), and I knew the emigration years were different, I had hoped that 'Wixa' might have been Wexio. Do you know if 'Wixa' was a farm in Öja parish? I looked in a couple of the Öja church books, but didn't see this place.

I am also curious about the Minneapolis address you found in the estate inventory and wonder if you would be so kind to provide it to me? Sven August had several addresses in Minneapolis and I would like to satisfy my curiosity.

And now I am back to trying to find A W Magnusson in America. I am using August, Wilhelm, and even William and various forms of August, in the hope that I can find him.