NULL Skriv ut sidan - SV: Zakris Jakobsson Bouppteckning translation

Anbytarforum

Titel: SV: Zakris Jakobsson Bouppteckning translation
Skrivet av: Kalle Birgersson skrivet 2022-04-20, 07:53
I have several questions:

First, is my translation reasonable? If not, what should be changed to improve it? I realize there is a certain amount of latitude here, so I'm mostly concerned with identifying significant problems with the translation.

Second, the word "vederbörande" translates to "the party concerned" according to an online 1788 Swedish to English dictionary. Who is the concerned party? the estate court? the heirs? or someone else?

Third, the word "upgaf" = "uppgav" translates to "to give up" or "to surrender". Was the estate property actually surrendered and then distributed to the heirs (or the representative of younger heirs), or was the property just made available for the inventory and then retained by the widow? How did this process work for a family with only minor children?

Thanks for looking at this, John
Translation is good, only insignificant errors as stated above.

Vederbörande is in this case the widow, who was required to have an estate inventory done.

Uppgaf/uppge can have a rather wide meaning. Normally it only means that you tell something, but I guess it originaly meant that you surrendered it. You tell something because you are supposed to, or even required, not necessarily just because you wanted to.

The children was inheriting part of what their dead parent left, the widow did not get it all. If they were underage they needed someone to speak on ther behalf, normally a relative to the deceased.