NULL Skriv ut sidan - SV: Need help reading marriage record

Anbytarforum

Titel: SV: Need help reading marriage record
Skrivet av: Victoria Cihla skrivet 2022-03-17, 16:42
Thanks very much, Klas.

This all started with the names of the parents of my ancestor Kierstin Larsdotter b. 1771 who were listed on her birth record: Lars Persson and Elin Andersdotter.

The marriage record in 1763 states their names as Lars Persson (klöckare) from Slättevrå and Elin Andersdotter from Stråhult.

The tax records for Stråhult show that her parents, Anders Nilsson and wife, are living there from before Elin's birth through the mid-1760's.  in 1762 Elin appears in the tax records and she is married the following year to Lars Persson (klöckare).  Anders and Karin and Elin and Lars are all living at Stråhult for the following year or 2 and then they all disappear from Stråhult.

Elin's husband, Lars Persson, died young (age 35) in 1772.  His death record shows that they were living in Torpa, Torpa parish when he died.  The estate inventory in Torpa lists a widow Elin Andersdotter with two young children: Bengta age 3 1/2 years and Kierstin age 1 year.   The 1 year old is my ancestor.     

The thing I'm unsure of is where Anders Nilsson and his wife went when they no longer were living in Stråhult.  By 1763 Anders was old and sickly.  So did Anders and wife go to Torpa with the daughter Elin's family?  I found a couple death records that might indicate they had also moved to Torpa.  There is a 1771 death record at Torpa, Torpa for Anders Nilsson and a 1783 death record for a widow Karin (no surname).  Maybe it is just a coincidence that Anders Nilsson died in Torpa, Torpa parish one year before his son-in-law died in the same place.

From there I found an estate inventory for Anders Nilsson in Torpa parish, which lists a widow Karin Nilsdotter.  No previous records had her surname - her daughters birth records only named her parents as Anders and Karin.  The widow's death record in 1783 only listed her as the widow Karin.

I may never know.  :)

Thanks again for your help and interest!  I enjoy this research very much.

Vicki