NULL Skriv ut sidan - SV: Need help reading marriage record

Anbytarforum

Titel: SV: Need help reading marriage record
Skrivet av: Victoria Cihla skrivet 2022-03-17, 01:14
Hi Klas!

Thanks for your response,  This is very helpful.   I actually know quite a lot about him:

Anders Nilsson
b. ca 1711 (age based on age at time of death record)
d. 1771-03-17 Torpa, Torpa, Kronoberg
He was married to a woman named Karin b. ca 1715 (based on age at time of death) d. 1783-04-24 Torpa, Torpa, Kronoberg
They had one daughter, Elin Andersdotter, b. 1745 in Stråhult, Vrå, d. 1772-06-05 Torpa, Torpa, Kronoberg
Anders Nilsson first appeared in Stråhult, Vrå about 1744 according to the tax records but had disappeared by 1768.  His daughter Elin appears in the tax records there in the years 1762 and 1763.  She married Lars Persson (klöckare) in 1764 Lars Persson was farming with his mother-in-law as Elin's father was sickly.  By 1768, all of them had left Stråhult.  Elin and Lars moved to Torpa in Torpa parish, in Kronoberg and that is where I subsequently found the death records for her parents.  I believe the parents were being cared for by daughter Elin and husband Lars, although the Torpa household records aren't available until 1784 - 1 year after Elin's mother Karin died.  The estate inventory after the death of Anders Nilsson indicated his wife's name is Karin Nilsdotter and it also indicated that he had a brother Lars Nilsson who was living in Singsiö, Vrå (in 1771).  The daughter Elin's husband, Lars Persson, died a year after her father died in Torpa, Torpa and was buried there 1772-06-05. There is also an estate inventory for Lars Persson taken in 1772 following his death in Torpa.  The widow Elin Andersdotter remarried in 1775 and continued to live in Torpa until her death in Rya,Torpa 1829-01-01.

I can only find 1 child for them which appears to either be the only child or the last child.  Since I can't find a marriage record in any of the Kronoberg parishes (but I haven't tried all of the alternate spellings of Karin's name as I didn't know all of them!) I wondered if they were from somewhere other than Kronoberg.  Maybe they were married somewhere else and/or had more children.  Based on the ages of the parents at the time of Elin's birth in 1745 would have been ages 34 and 30 so that is entirely possible. 

My knowledge is limited to Kronoberg. It is a bit difficult when you don't understand the distances and travel of the time, so I'm probably in over my head with this one, but that's ok.  I enjoy the search.  :)

I'd double back through what I've done so far and then move on.

Thanks so much for your insight and help!

Vicki