NULL Skriv ut sidan - SV: Need help with 1771 Estate Inventory

Anbytarforum

Titel: SV: Need help with 1771 Estate Inventory
Skrivet av: Victoria Cihla skrivet 2022-03-13, 20:48
Hi Lars-Ola,

I have been spending a lot of time trying to find out more about the parents of Elin Andersdotter b. 30 Dec 1745 in Stråhult, Vrå. 

I had a birth record for her naming her parents only as Anders and Karin.

Anders Nilsson was listed as a taxpayer in 1745 at Stråhult, Vrå parish.   He is listed there with wife from 1744-1765.  Dotter Elin appears on 1762 tax record, also in 1763; she married Lars Persson Sundberg  (klockare) 29 May 1763.

in 1764 Anders is listed as old and sick but wife still paying tax.  Lars Persson (klåckare) is listed as farming with his mother-in-law - so this would be Elin's husband)

In 1765 Anders and wife are farming with others there, but by 1768 Anders and wife are no longer listed in the tax records for Stråhult, Vrå.  Lars Persson and Elin Andersdotter are gone also.

Elin's husband  Lars Persson died in 1772 in Torpa, Torpa, Kronoberg per the estate inventory taken after his death.  His estate inventory establishes that he has a widow Elin Andersdotter and 2 daughters: Bengta 3 1/2 years and Kierstin 1 year, 3 months so I knew I had the correct family as Kierstin is my ancestor. 

I started looking for a death record for Anders Nilsson in Torpa, Torpa and found one dated 17 March 1771 in Torpa, Torpa.  Subsequently, I found a death record for a widow Karin 24 April 1783 in Torpa, Torpa.  The widow Elin was still living in Torpa when she remarried 12 Feb 1775.  So, I believe that Elin Andersdotter's parents were living there with daughter Elin and her family.

I still didn't know Karin's surname for certain.  So looked for an estate inventory for Anders Nilsson after his death at Torpa, Torpa in 1771. It lists the widow as Karing Nilsdotter (if I am correct) so think it's very possible these are her parents.  However, if so, I still don't know where they were originally from.  So far, I have not found a marriage record for Anders Nilsson and Karin Nilsdotter.

The estimated birth years for Anders and Karin are 1711 and 1715 (based on their death records), maybe I can find more there.  Also, knowing that Anders has a brother Lars may be helpful. 

Would like the hear your thoughts on my findings so far! 

Thanks for your help,

Vicki