NULL Skriv ut sidan - SV: Oskar Wiklund and Alma Kristina Andersson Marriage Record

Anbytarforum

Titel: SV: Oskar Wiklund and Alma Kristina Andersson Marriage Record
Skrivet av: Erik Mouwitz skrivet 2022-02-23, 00:09
Hello Greg!

Of course I can't tell you what method Leif used, but if I had wanted to quickly locate their marriage record, I would have taken a look at the birthplace of the oldest child, which in this case is Kungsholm, and then checked the marriage records for that parish, since there is a decent chance that they also lived there when they got married.
If you hadn't found the marriage record there, you could still use the oldest childs birth record to find the place they lived at at the time and then keep tracking them backwards until they appear as a couple for the first time. This way you can find records quickly without having to trace a family through every single husförhörslängd they appear in and every single move they undertake. This method should of course be used mainly when you want to locate a specific record quickly or when there is a gap in the husförhörslängd - it is good practice to locate an ancestor in every available husförhörslängd, as some interesting notes may only have been entered once.