NULL Skriv ut sidan - SV: Broddetorp C:2 (1704-1761) bild 41, s. 115 (AD) b.46, s.113 (SVAR)

Anbytarforum

Titel: SV: Broddetorp C:2 (1704-1761) bild 41, s. 115 (AD) b.46, s.113 (SVAR)
Skrivet av: Martha Wolf skrivet 2022-01-26, 02:48
Thank you, Bertil and  Jörgen for your suggestions. However, I have some questions. (My cranky computer just wiped out my three paragraph reply, so will try again).

Would a clerk record a widower, who had been paying taxes for over 20 years on one of the two land divisions of Broddetorp, as a "dräng"?  I have numerous tax records for him and for the births of his children by Brita and he is never labeled a dräng.  I think the three letters after the large[size=78%] ink blot resemble the nkl in änkl. several lines above. Is it perhaps änkling, written out and not abbreviated or [/size]is there another descriptive term for an official or landholder that might fit here? 

Of course this might be the wrong couple. However, the timing is right for the return of a wife in his tax records, it fits the birth of their first son, there are no other suitable marriages in Broddetorp or in Skarke, and the names fit and his location fits.

Usually what follows the "i" in these records is the place the person was currently living or the birth parish.  Sometimes there are two such as the birth parish and the parish where the records are kept.  Qvarnum is not a parish and I don't believe I have ever seen a Q in Swedish records that looks like this one.  Could this be Stenum or Istrum.?
My guess on the second and third words was Skiöfde (Skövde) and Skarke, although the extra letters in the latter made me uncertain.  There is also Skärv which is in the area.

If married in the church in Skarke, would the record not have been made there?  There is none there.

I have many records on both parties and was hoping the clarification of these places would help me pin down Britta's birth place and parents. At the parish where she was supposedly born (per later records) there were no Britta Persdotters born for a 20 year period covering well before and well after her supposed birth.  But in several neighboring parishes there were several in the right time period.  Sorting out their comings and goings has been a challenge and I will pursue that further in one of the Parish forums.

Tack så mycket
MVH
Martha