NULL Skriv ut sidan - SV: Elfdalen?

Anbytarforum

Titel: SV: Elfdalen?
Skrivet av: Mark Molander skrivet 2021-12-06, 02:37
Sune and Stefan, thanks so much for your suggestions. 

Per Stefan's tip, I just looked through the house records for most of the 10 parishes in the old Älvdals district (härad) and couldn't find her.  However, a few of the parishes, such as two near her previous home parish of Dalby - Norra Finnskoga and Södra Finnskoga - don't have records dating back that far.  So, perhaps that's why the more specific parish name wasn't listed - the larger district name was used instead?

Per Sune's tip, the two names are so close (Elfdahlen as recorded and Älvdalen the actual parish) I don't think i should rule it out yet.  Also, there were no other "Elfdahlen" entries in Fryksände's house record at that time, so perhaps that could indicate it was a little farther away - not an adjacent parish.

So, I still haven't been able to fully resolve this one yet, but thanks for the help.  And in looking into this deeper I did just learn there's an old Norse language still spoken with a similar name - Elfdalien - so I can't help but wonder if she might have spoken that!

Regards, Mark