NULL Skriv ut sidan - SV: Ulrica Carolina Andersdotter

Anbytarforum

Titel: SV: Ulrica Carolina Andersdotter
Skrivet av: Staffan Bergh skrivet 2021-12-05, 12:08
Using the same for Brita Stina's birth record, I come up with:
69, Brita Stina, May 19, May 24, Father Anders Andersson (hence, Brita Stina Andersdotter - daughter of Anders), Mother Brita (I cannot make out the last name), Nederby

Correct :) 

Citera
On the household record:
1) I can see Brita Stina with birthdate of 19 May 1804. 
2) Is her father's name just given as "Anders"?  Before Anders is "Son"?  Birthdate 17 June 1775

Exactly -- except Brita Stinas birthyear is witten "1807" (it's like a "4", but as the other "7":s it's written with one stroke, while the "4":s are written with two strokes. Tricky, though -- and sometimes you see evidence that a priest couldn't read his own handwriting, so it's no shadow on you ... ;)).

The general principle is that all the "titles" are relative to the head of the household -- so Anders, b 1775, is the son of (the head of the household) Anders, b 1743. But then the head-of-household spot shifts to Anders b 1775, probably when he marries. If this is because he actually took on the role then, or just because it was easier for the priest, we can't really tell ...  When you look at the next book, you'll see that Anders b 1743 has moved down on the page, and has the title "Fader" (father).

Citera
3) Mother's name of Brita. Cannot make out last name. Born in 1777

Brita Stinas mother is an "Olofs dotter", often (as here) shortened to "Ols-" when used in patronymics: "Olsdotter" = "daughter of Olof".

Citera
4) I can see the parent's marriage year of 1805 in Gillberga

It says that Brita moved in from Gillberga 1805 -- which is another village in the same parish (I misrepresented it above as another parish, corrected now). So the marriage was in the parish of Fellingsbro. The cermony may have been in Gillberga, or in church (it's about midway between Fogryta and Gillberga), and the party may have been in Gillberga, where the bride came from -- the marriage record (another one to look up :) ) says her brother sponsored her, so maybe her father was already dead?

Citera
5) The entries Cathrina and Lars birthdates: 12 April 1810 and 10 July 1814: how does one know these are siblings?  The significance of "Dr" before Cathrina's name and "Lo" before Lars?

"Dr" before Cathrina is short for "daugther", "S:" (the colon is used as an abbreviation marker) before Lars is short for "son" -- relative to the head-of-household, remember. To make sure, look up their birth records.

Citera
6) Does the "ibon" or abbreviations in the Fodd Ort column just mean "same", meaning birth location for all is Fogryta?
7) Birth location for Lars?

Anders, b 1743, at the top, was born in "Fellsbr.", short for Fellingsbro. His wife Stina is born "ibidem", "in the same place" in latin. "Ibdm", "ibm" and "ib" are all short for "ibidem". Lars is born in "F.", which also should mean Fellingsbro.

Hope this helps, and Good luck!