NULL Skriv ut sidan - SV: Seeking information on Uppåkra in Southern Sweden

Anbytarforum

Titel: SV: Seeking information on Uppåkra in Southern Sweden
Skrivet av: Marianne Karlsson skrivet 2021-09-26, 14:18
Någon som kan berätta om Uppåkra runt 1900? Visst var det väl en ren jordbruksbygd?
George frågar om det.
Eftersom det var nära till Lund så antar jag att många flyttade dit för att hitta sin försörjning.
Om någon vill skriva något och har svårt med engelskan, så överssätter jag gärna.   
--
George, I' m asking for more information and can translate into English if that can help someone to tell more about Uppåkra.
All there seems to be on the net is about the bronze age....
I have followed Olof in the church books and he owned his home in Flackarp No 9 in Uppåkra parish (between July 1891 and April 1906).

Then he was the owner of a home in the city of Lund (No 350). There his title is Master tailor and his wife Elin Fältman is a midwife.
Olof disappears in 1907 and in a church book later on he is mentioned as "escaped".
Elin is still mentioned to be "Olof J L:s wife" for many years in the books.

My guess will be: He left for US either of restlessness and perhaps wanting a "better" life earning more money. Or it was personal issues and easier to just leave instead of going through a divorce. As the family says they were abandoned I guess he didn' t meant to have them coming along later on - (many fathers went at first by themselves and prepared for a life for the family coming a year after). 

I' ll be back if I hear more about Uppåkra. It' s still quite rural on the map nowadays.    Greetings, Marianne